Apologies for taking so long to complete this, if you didn’t already know, I am the worst procrastinator. Ever. I was nominated by Vanessa http://The Wellbeing Blogger @thewellbeingblogger for this challenge and I don’t normally do these, but because she asked, I had to do it! 🙂 This challenge is a “take” on the Vogue Magazine Series which interviews celebrities and other public figures. The questions give readers an interesting peek at some of your quirks, likes, dislikes, and loves. I had to dig deep af into my repertoire on some of these. Got me all in my feelings…
Vogue Parody: 73 Questions
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
A Venti Caramel Macchiato…I live for these and their seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte is bomb too. Two more pumps of syrup ought to do it!
2. What does your workstation look like?
Messy as hell, unless I’m sitting at my dining room table. I’d like to think of it as organized chaos, but we all know that’s a bunch of B.S.
3. Favourite food?
Shrimp Pad Thai and Coconut Chicken Soup. There’s a bomb-a@$ restaurant near me, called Charm Thai, that I crave constantly! Their bubble teas are also a favorite.
4. Favourite author?
My favorite/s are too many to name, but I love Toni Morrison, Terry McMillan, James Patterson, Stephen King, and Judy Blume. When I was in the 3rd grade, I read, “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.” by Judy Blume. As an early-bloomer, that ‘coming of age’ book was easily written for a clumsy, pre-pubescent, and curious girl, such as myself. Her words made me “feel” and made me believe that I could do the same for other readers.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
Those that do, do. I’ll just stay over here in my lane. Thank youuuu, next.
6. What is your favourite video game?
I’m old school, but my all time favorite is Pac Man. I’m also slightly obsessed with Candy Crush. Does that count?
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Bread pudding with a caramel rum sauce. Or anything with caramel in it or on it.
8. Favourite movie?
Seven Pounds. I’ve watched it too many times to count.
9. Favourite book?
Ahhhh, there are some serious contenders in this category, so I’ll narrow it down to one that actually made me sit up and tune out everything around me. There are a lot of great authors, but if their written words feel like they were created expressly for me, I’m all in. Hands down for that reason, it has to be Disappearing Acts by Terry McMillan. She gets it.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Mommy has always said, “You have to keep going until you can’t go anymore.” I’ve tried like hell to embody this for years and there is a certain ring of truth to it. However, I will say that having a diagnosis of anxiety and depression has changed the way that I view this advice. I do NOT push myself if my body is saying Sit Your Ass Down Now Before We Shut This Whole Shit Down For You. It’s sage advice, if you find a good balance and use common sense.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Rebuilding and re-evaluating my entire life. Legit.
14. Favorite color?
My favorite color is purple, with red coming in at a close second.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I got a lot of grades, lol. But anything dealing with creative writing I usually made A’s in.
16. Dream job?
My dream job would entail traveling, writing about, and taking beautiful pictures of the people, places, and food that I encounter.
17. Play any sports?
Growing up I enjoyed gymnastics more than any other sport.
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes, I have a B.A in Psychology and a M.Ed. in Adult Education & Training.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post?
My attention span is short as hell, so I prefer them short and to the point. I’d say 500 words or less before I start scrolling to the bottom…
21. What do you like to collect?
I enjoy collecting coins from different countries.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Compassionate, Hyper-Sensitive, Loyal
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
24. Who was the last person you DM?
My youngest son, Nick
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
A greater sense of security and peace
26. Sorting house?
Team Gryffindor, Period.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
Two, but I’ll be getting one more….
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Every part of it, seriously. I’ve grown so much from an introspective point of view; it’s crazy really. I’m enjoying the smallest and most mundane things.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Receiving a package full of goodies that I can create from…
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I woke up and remembered that my grandson, Jaxon, is coming to stay with me for two weeks…I’m so excited to get to spend this much time with him!
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Unexpected and sincere compliments. Come on, when you’re not expecting anything and someone says something sweet out of the blue, that’s the best feeling ever.
32. Favourite season?
Oooh, I love myself some Fall weather. It’s not too cold, but you can get away with wearing your Uggs and a cozy, light sweater.
33. Favourite holiday?
Christmas, hands down.
34. What fictional character do you relate to most?
Zora, from Disappearing Acts…
35. Do you like surprises?
I love monetary surprises!
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Coming home from camp and seeing my brand new car in the garage; it was a 1987 Hyundai Excel, and you couldn’t tell me jack! Lol
37. Which surprise made you cry?
After a breakup with my ex-boyfriend in 10th grade, he had a dozen roses and a new dress delivered to my school. I went into the girl’s bathroom and had a mini-meltdown. Of course I took him back….
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else?
Probably the Christmas gifts that I bought for the kids in my EBD class last year; they were shocked.
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes, banana nut and double chocolate muffins are my faves.
40. Do you cook often?
Yes, I enjoy trying different recipes, but I prefer having someone else cook for me…
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Bread pudding with caramel rum sauce and Paris Brest….yummo!
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
43. Cake or pie?
Cake, all day
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Liver and okra….gag-worthy
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Orville Redenbacher’s Movie Theater Butter Popcorn
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
48. Best animated film?
The Lion King
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
A “guy” bought me a Fendi bag. And once, I had a date reserve a private room for us in an Italian restaraunt….I should have married that one.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Be yourself. Period.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Pretend that there’s a vibe when there blatantly isn’t…
53. Best comic book character?
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
I can’t go anywhere without lip gloss, a debit card, and a pen.
55. Favourite drink?
A blueberry mojito
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies?
I own four dogs, so….
58. Favourite sushi roll?
A Rainbow Roll with tuna, salmon, whitefish, shrimp and avocado.
59. What lipstick do you use?
MAC; a variety
60. What foundation do you use?
During the colder months I use BECCA Ultimate Coverage, but in this abominable heat I just stick to concealer and bronzer.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Air dry, mostly since I’m natural
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I love the way Tracee Ellis Ross and Solange own whatever they wear.
63. Favourite Disney Character?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Probably going to the grocery store and taking Jaxon to see The Lion King
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Anchorman and Bad Grandpa. I’m so sorry for this.
66. Movie that made you cry?
Beaches….oh my god.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
I don’t have a personal favorite
71. The person you want to have coffee with?
Oprah or Viola Davis
72. What country would you like to visit?
73. Best way to decompress?
Scented candles and a nice glass of Riesling
UPDATED: Sooo, I forgot to list another fabulous blogger…apologies! She’s a beast in the kitchen and is listed as my 13th nominee…Forgive the oversight, I actually thought I’d included you!!!!
My 13 Nominees are:
- http://Really Real Blog
- http://N. A. Dwyer books and more
- http://The Dopamine Queen
- http://Blair Jarrod
- http://the pretty poems
- http://When Women Inspire
- http://Therapy Bits